Big news for SMBs and professional users, our powerful Drobo B1200i Hybrid Storage Array has been updated with increased capacity, performance enhancements, and certification for VMware vSphere 6.0 to deliver a level of automation and technical sophistication usually reserved for more expensive or complicated storage solutions.
Both new and existing Drobo B1200i users will experience these new enhancements under Firmware version 1.2.0 to get significant boosts in performance, storage, and greater volume sizes than the previous release:
- BeyondRAID performance boost up to 800%: High-workload tasks now run in parallel resulting in significantly improved performance
- Storage Pools grow 400% to 128TB: Larger storage pools can now take full advantage of high-capacity drives including Seagate® 6TB Enterprise Capacity SATA drives
- Volumes increase 400% to 64TB: Previously limited to 16TB, B1200i volumes can now go as large as 64TB on supported platforms (Windows, Mac and VMware)
- Smart Volumes™ management technology with Thin Provisioning: Allows the creation of up to 255 volumes per B1200i appliance. Drobo Smart Volumes pull storage from a common pool of disks rather than silos of physical disks
- Certified for VMware vSphere ESXi Hypervisor 6.0: This bare-metal hypervisor installs directly on a physical server while transparently using Drobo storage.
Currently used by thousands of businesses, the Drobo B1200i is an ideal way to simplify and consolidate both physical and virtual storage in a single array with “on-demand” ability to scale both capacity and performance. Need to build a scalable backup server or server virtualization cluster? Drobo B1200i is ideal for just that purpose, and is certified for VMware vSphere, Symantec Backup Exec and Veeam Backup environments. If you’re in need of storage that’s powerful but simple to manage and use, check out more info at our website to see how the B1200i can meet the needs of your business.